Police say the body of a Hampton man was pulled from Clear Lake last night.79-year-old Norman Johnson had been seen fishing earlier in the day from the 16th Avenue South public access dock, but was found in the water about 15 feet from shore and about 30 yards from the dock by a young boy and a woman shortly after 6 o’clock last night. Clear Lake Police Chief Dan Jackson says one of his officers near the scene began C-P-R as Johnson was being pulled from the water. Johnson was taken by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa where he was pronounced dead. Jackson says it’s unclear how Johnson died, but it appears to be either from natural causes or it was accidental by nature. Jackson also says a bait bucket and a fishing pole were retrieved from the lake.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors