A rural Shellsburg man has been sentenced to probation for running a unique marijuana-growing operation. 38-year-old Randal Mauderer pleaded guilty to manufacturing a controlled substance, and delivering a controlled substance. He was sentenced to three years probation. Benton County law enforcement officers say they found 64 marijuana plants in a hydroponics growing operation in Mauderer’s mobile home. The plants were given a street value of 64-thousand dollars. They say it was the first hydroponic grow operation they’d seen. Hydroponics is used to grow plants in water instead of soil.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk