UNI baseball coach Rick Heller would prefer more Missouri Valley Conference victories but the Panthers will be out to sweep their season series with Iowa when they host the Hawkeyes in Waterloo, tonight. UNI has won the first two games against the Hawks but are a disappointing 4-12 in the Valley after dropping three of four at Indiana State. He says they’re trying to get to a point where they can play consistently. The Panthers have an uphill battle to qualify for the conference tournament. Heller says while that is their top priority, the players enjoy the in-state rivalry. He says it makes the mid-week games a lot of fun.Heller says the series gives added exposure to both programs, and is great for baseball to get people who normally don’t come out to show up.UNI is 15-21 overall. Iowa is 12-25 overall, 5-11 in the Big Ten.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk