A Fairfield murder suspect was arraigned in district court this morning. 24-year-old Shuvender Sem of Pennsylvania, a student at the Maharishi University of Management, entered a plea of not guilty during his first court appearance this morning. Sem’s accused of fatally stabbing another MUM student, Levi Butler, in a campus dining hall on March 1. His lawyer entered the plea for Sem, who did not speak during the arraignment. Sem faces a charge of first-degree murder, as well as an assault charge from an incident earlier the same day in which he stabbed another student in the face with a ballpoint pen. A court date is set for June 2 and Sem’s jailed on a one-Million-dollar bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk