A student at Boyer Valley High School was killed yesterday afternoon in a head-on collision near Dunlap, which is in western Iowa’s Shelby County. Fifteen-year-old Kirk Sturgill of Dunlap died when the car he was driving ran into a truck as the two vehicles reached the crest of a hill. The driver of the truck, 17-year-old Douglas Nichols of Dunlap, was taken to a hospital in Denison. Three other teenagers — two from Dunlap and another from Dows City — were injured in the accident, and they were taken to the hospital, too.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal