As the Allianz Championship is played out at the Glen Oaks Country Club, officials at the golf tournament’s new home are getting set for next year. The Allianz will move to the Tournament Club of Iowa in Polk City for 2005 and general manager Pat Franklin says they will be ready. He says the golf course was built with the tournament in mind, with all the flat areas to put tents for sponsors.Franklin says the design of the course will make it easy for spectators to view the action. He says he thinks it’s four of the best finishing holes on a tournament site. Franklin says one of the final pieces has been dealing with parking for spectators. He says the parking just about slipped from them, but they’ve seeded row crop areas to grass and hay to have a parking area.The first round of this year’s Allianz is Friday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal