Defending champion Don Pooley says there will be no repeat at the Allianz Championship this weekend. Pooley had hernia surgery three weeks ago and has not bounced back like he expected. He says the doctor assured him that he’d be fine in two weeks, he says he told him that he had a tournament in three weeks and the doctor told him he’d be fine. Pooley says he’s not fine and very disappointed in how he feels.Pooley says nerves were hit during his surgery and it is too painful to take a full swing. He says it will go away, but it could take weeks or months. He says he’ll go home and recover after this tournament, as he isn’t going to try and play any more hurt. Pooley plans to see a doctor while in town to get a second opinion.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal