Storms ripped through north-central and northeast Iowa last night. Tornadoes destroyed just about every home in the Humboldt county town of Bradgate. While there were injuries reported, none are serious. The same storm system damaged some buildings in nearby Rolfe in Pocahontas County. The storms moved into northeast Iowa and did some damage to homes and farm property. Also, a dramatic rescue took place last night in Marion at the Linn-Mar football field after the storm dumped more than four inches of rain on the area. Rescus crews had to rescue four teenagers who climbed to the top of the stadium to escape rising flood waters. A tornado touched down in Palo and at least one home was destroyed and four others damaged. The storm also caused damage in a scattered power outages in other eastern Iowa counties.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal