Private well owners may want to boil their water after this weekend’s weather. This past weekend’s extreme amount of rainfall caused many Iowa communities to release untreated sewage waste to nearby rivers and streams. Officials say the contamination threat is not that high for city water supplies and private wells, but disease-causing pathogens -could- still be present. A top state health official says it’s safer to release the sewage water into streams than have it back up into basements. The state medical director suggests boiling water for a couple of minutes if you’re worried about potential contamination.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa