A former Fairfield police officer has pleaded guilty to stealing evidence money. Cameron Cooksey will be placed on probation for three years after admitting to stealing nearly 15-hundred dollars in evidence money. Cooksey was arrested in February after resigning amid the investigation into misconduct. Cooksey will undergo a substance abuse evaluation due to his history with alcohol. He must also be required to perform community service and pay court costs. Cooksey’s father Randy is the Fairfield police chief.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- UI receives approval for work at Children’s Hospital, Memorial Union
- Iowa Senate votes to require E-Verify check for job applicants
- State archery tournament is on target this weekend
- House bill sets up licensing for armed staff in Iowa schools
- Initiative expands to help Iowa seniors stay in their homes longer