Some Iowans in the northwest corner of the state are without long-distance phone service and internet connections due to the flooding. Dan Eness is a spokesman with Iowa Telecom.He says all of their services areas north of I-80 and west of I-35 might be experiencing outages. He says key cities involved are Armstrong, Audubon, Emmettsburg, Harlan, Hartley and surround towns. He’s not sure exactly how many customers might be involved. Eness says the storms are to blame.He says heavy rains have washed out lines in key areas. Eness says technicians are working on restoring the service, but he doesn’t know how long that will take.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime