An impressive winning streak that lasted nearly a year is over. It began in Carroll last June and ended Tuesday night in Carroll. The 57-game three-sport winning streak ended as the baseball team lost 4-3 after Carroll rallied in the 7th inning. The streak began last June 28th in the Carroll-Kuemper tournament. They started a 17-game winning streak that ended in a state baseball championship. The winning continued with a 13-game football winning streak and a state football championship. The basketball team extended the streak by going 27-0 and winning another state title.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Grassley bill would more closely regulate ‘zombie’ drug
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’