Police in western Iowa have issued a missing-person alert, after a resident of a group home’s been missing since Thursday. Matthew Leaf reports. Atlantic police say twenty-one year old Amy Chambers signed out of the group home where she lives and was last seen getting into a red pickup truck at a convenience store in Atlantic about five Thursday evening. Her mother says she got a cellphone call asking her to have Amy picked up at a mall in Council Bluffs, but when her ride arrived the woman was nowhere to be found. Her mother says she’s a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic who has delusions of being part of a gang and being pursued by the FBI, and says she’s off the medication she takes to control the delusions. The missing woman’s described as five-foot-seven, 125 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. Anyone who can help should call the Atlantic police department at (712) 243-3512.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!