A Council Bluffs man has pleaded guilty to last month’s hold-up of a Harrison County bank. 55-year-old Ernest Wilcox made the plea in U.S. District Court after reportedly admitting he robbed the Mid-States Bank branch in Mondamin on May 8th. After robbing the bank, authorities followed Wilcox and arrested him in Omaha. He’ll be sentenced in August and faces up to 20 years in prison and a quarter-million dollar fine.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime