Girls soccer regional play continues across the state in both classes. In 2A, second ranked Pleasant Valley is looking for another trip to state after winning the Mississippi Athletic Conference title. Coach Cathy Allbaugh says things change when the tournament begins. She says the biggest thing is that you put your 11 best players on the field, bottom line. Allbaugh says this is a young team that has kept expectations in check. She says it may be because they’re younger, they don’t seem to be overly confident about a lot of things. She says they have goals and achieved on by winning the conference. Allbaugh says her team has been able to stay patient against teams that concentrate on defense to keep the score down. She says a lot of teams will pack in the defense and try to hold them off, but she says there are so many different girls who can score on her team.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City