Grand View College has named Jerry Monner as its head men’s and women’s track and cross country coach. Monner has spent the past two seasons at Minnesota-Morris and takes over a cross country program that begins its second season this fall. The track program will begin competition in the spring of 2006.At a time when schools are eliminating sports programs he was impressed that Grand View is adding them. He says they have a lot of support for their athletic programs and he says he thinks it’ll be a good position. Monner says the first priority is to stock the programs with talent. He says there are a lot of good schools in the Des Moines area to provide athletes.Monner competed in track and cross country at Iowa Wesleyan College.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards