It’s blue versus gray today in one of western Iowa’s largest Civil War reenactments. Tammy Fahn is helping organize the event which is taking place beside the Danish Immigrant Museum in Elkhorn. She says it’s both a history lesson and quality family entertainment.The Civil War battles are scheduled for 2 P.M. today (Saturday) and 1:15 P.M. tomorrow (Sunday). There’s also an 1860s-era concert and dance tonight, following a twilight tour of the campsite and a live-fire demonstration of the cannons. In an unlikely combination, Fahn says the group is also hosting a classic car show today, with car lovers cruising to Elkhorn from across the region.For more information, call (712) 773-2199.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker