Officials in Cedar Rapids have recovered a body from the Cedar River that may be that of a missing teenager. Rescue workers found the body along the riverbank Monday afternoon, but says a positive I.D. could not be made. Officials had been looking for 15-year-old Russell Jankowski, a Dubuque resident who had been a resident at Tananger Place, a facility for troubled youth. Jankowski had left the facility over a week ago following an argument with the staff. He reportedly had jumped from the 16th Avenue bridge — although that report had not been confirmed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response