Fire damaged a gas station in the west-central Iowa town of Scranton today. Scranton fire chief Doug Duff says they got there and had a lot of smoke and a lot of flame on the inside, and then after they were here just a little bit, they had a small explosion on the inside too. Duff says the fire may’ve started while someone was working on a vehicle.He says there was a guy in there, “I think he was changing gas tanks or something, and the way it sounds, it sounds like the pilot light lit the fumes.” The man in the station got out and went to the hospital, but no one was injured in the fire.The roof of the service station collapsed. Duff says he considers the building a total loss.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk