The state’s top players will be part of the second annual Iowa High School Soccer All Star Game this weekend. Hosted by the Des Moines Menace, the all-star competition will have a different look this year according to Menace general manager John Brandt. He says last year it was boys only and there was just one all-star team. He says this year there’ll be a boys and girls team and an east and west team for both. Brandt says the Menace became involved last year because other sports offered all-star competition. He says it’s fitting that soccer has an all-star game like other sports.Brandt says the two all star games will be held Saturday before that night’s Menace game at Cara McGrane Stadium. The girls match starts at 2 p.m. and the boys match at 4:30. The rosters were put together by the soccer coaches association and all the players just completed their senior year.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature