The Iowa State Patrol is investigating two separate fatal accidents that occurred in eastern Iowa yesterday. The patrol says charges are pending in an early morning accident that occurred on U.S. Highway 30 in Tama County. 53-year-old Cua Lu of Waterloo died when the car he was riding in collided with an eastbound vehicle. Officials say 22-year-old Chad Dryden, whose city of residence wasn’t released, was attempting to pass another vehicle at the time of the crash. Dryden and an unidentified passenger were taken to Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines for treatment of injuries. The other driver, 32-year-old Hung Kim Nguyen of Cedar Rapids, and a second passenger, 30-year-old Phuc Tang Ngo of Waterloo, were taken to Iowa Methodist Medical Center, also in Des Moines. Also Sunday, a Harpers Ferry man died in a single car crash in Allamakee County. Officials say Brent Hackett died when he lost control of his car on Iowa Highway 76.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards