The major league stars of tomorrow will be on display at Veterans Stadium, tonight, as Cedar Rapids hosts the Midwest League All-Star game. Kernels general manager Jack Roeder (rayder) says the list of stars that have played in the league is endless. He says Goose Gossage, Paul Molitor, and Paul O’Neil are some of the names. He says they have eight players in Anaheim now that have played for the Kernels.Among the other activities associated with the game is a noon luncheon featuring ESPN’s Rob Dibble who spent an early portion of his playing career in Cedar Rapids. It is the first time since 1991 that Cedar Rapids has hosted the All-Star game.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime