Hundreds of unionized nurses may soon be walking off their jobs at a northwest Iowa hospital. Officials at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City say they’ve submitted the “best, last and final offer” to the union representing the hospital’s 400 registered nurses. The union leader says Mercy’s top brass are beset with “corporate greed” and don’t care what happens to Siouxlanders as they’re not from the area and don’t plan to stay. The vote is tomorrow (Thursday) on the new contract, the current three-year contract expires at midnight June 30th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk
- Hinson says younger drivers key to national trucker shortage
- Four Iowa cities set records for December warmth