The Garnavillo City Clerk is now facing criminal charges for allegedly taking money from the city. Linda Casperson was charged with first-degree theft after being accused of misusing over 82-thousand dollars in city funds and property for her personal use. Nearly 79-thousand dollars of that money was from an unauthorized credit card issued to the city. Casperson was suspended in December after an audit turned up the discrepancies. Casperson has pleaded not guilty to the charge. A trial date will be set next week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record