With less than a month before the start of the A-A-U Junior Olympics in Des Moines organizers are stepping up their search for volunteers to help run the event. Wade Den Hartog of the Greater Des Moines Sports Authority says they have been contacting businesses and organizations in an attempt to recruit some help. He says they need 2,500 volunteers, as he says they currently have less than 500 signed up. He says the need is tremendous with less than 28 days to the competition.Competition in 22 sports is expected to draw 50-thousand participants, parents and coaches and Den Hartog says the venues are spread across the metro Des Moines area. He says they’re using all the local high schools in the area, some 25 different venues. He says the greatest need is daytime volunteers.He says you can call the office at 515-243-1718 or you can go to the website at www.desmoinesports.org. The Junior Olympics run July 27th through August 7th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City