A southwest Iowa law-enforcement veteran is back on the job in another agency. Afton Mayor Gary Clear has appointed former Union County Sheriff John Coulter police chief of the city of Afton. Coulter replaces Harold Dalton who retired earlier this week after serving as the Afton police chief for several years. Clear made the appointment Thursday evening and the Afton city council will formally approve the appointment at their next meeting. After Coulter left the county sheriff’s post he became a crisis counselor and then returned to the Creston area and currently serves as a dispatcher for the Creston /Union County Law Enforcement Center in Creston. Coulter will begin his new duties in Afton on July sixteenth.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature