A new Mrs. Iowa was crowned over the holiday weekend, 28-year-old Jamie Patterson, who lives in the tiny southern Iowa town of Mystic, near Centerville. Patterson is a stay-at-home mom and part-time model who’s won several beauty pageants over the last dozen years. Patterson won Miss Iowa Teen USA in 1992 and won the national pageant that same year becoming Miss Teen USA. She won Miss Iowa USA in 1998 the following year and was able to crown her sister Miss Iowa USA in 1999. She says pageants are addictive and she loves the competition. In the Mrs. Iowa pageant, contestants compete in evening gown and swimsuit in addition to in-depth interviews with the judges. She says it’s fortunate there’s not a “talent” section as she says there’s nothing impressive she can do onstage. Patterson, who’s originally from Altoona, says her two kids are her top priority. Daugher Rylee is four and son Mason is three. Her husband, Timothy, is a store operations manager for HyVee. Patterson has done modeling for magazines including Seventeen, Glamour, J-C Penny, Maytag and T-V Guide. She’s also appeared on T-V. She was in a recent Clorox commerical and has done some infomercials. Patterson will represent Iowa at the national Mrs. America Pageant in Palm Springs, California, in September.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response