Two Wisconsin men who were attending the ABATE Freedom Rally near Algona were killed in a two-motorcycle crash Sunday night. The Highway Patrol says 44-year-old Steven Ross of South Range and 45-year-old Dennis Borneholt of Maple died in the crash. Ross reportedly lost his hat and pulled over to retrieve it, then did a U-turn directly in the path of Borneholt’s motorcycle. Both drivers were thrown from their bikes and were pronounced dead on arrival at the Kossuth Regional Medical Center. Some 15-thousand motorcyclists attended the rally as part of the group, A Brotherhood Aimed Toward Education.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G