The phrase “first impressions can be lasting” was a factor in Iowa Wesleyan College landing a new baseball coach. Matt Cloud takes over after three years at Bacone College in Oklahoma and was immediately impressed when he showed up to interview for the job. He says the campus looked great and he thought that was a strong selling point for the college. He says the baseball field was well taken care of and that impressed him too as well as the indoor facilities. There are a number of successful N-A-I-A programs in the state and Cloud says that poses a challenge for the Tigers. He says there’s no dominant team, and it seems like a new team wins the conference each year. 19 players return from this past season and Cloud hopes for some immediate success.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record