Vijay Singh opens defense of his title at the John Deere Classic on Thursday even though the timing is far from perfect. Sign won last year’s tournament, which was held in September. This year’s tournament is followed by the British Open. He says any time you win a tournament on a course for the first time, it leaves you with a good attitude. He says he realized the dates had changed after he agreed to come back, and says some people questioned his move, but he says he’s coming back.Singh says he never seriously considered dropping out of this year’s event. He says he feels it’s an obligation if you win a tournament that you come back the next year to defend. He says he’s always done that and maybe this week is not the right week to defend this tourney, but he says it’s important to defend the title.The first round is tomorrow at the TPC at Deere Run near the Quad Cities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- State removes thousands from Medicaid eligibility in post-COVID cleanup
- Sioux City man charged in death of Nebraska priest
- Sheriff releases update on search for missing western Iowa trucker
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns