A construction accident in eastern Iowa has taken the life of a rural Benton County man. Sheriff’s officials say the 34-year-old victim died of injuries he suffered after an excavation trench collapsed in Mount Auburn. According to authorities, the victim and other co-workers were installing a water and sewer line when the trench collapsed. The accident happened short after 4 P.M. yesterday. The victim was flown to St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids, where he died of his injuries. The man’s name has not been released. The accident remains under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards