Play continues at the John Deere Classic golf tournament in the Quad Cities, following a morning rain delay. A birdie on his 13th hold has given Rookie Vaughn Taylor a one-stroke lead midway through a rain-delayed Round Two at the John Deere Classic. At 10 under par, the 28-year-old Taylor is one shot up on first-round leader Jose Coceres of Argentina, and two ahead of Jeff Braho. Meanwhile, defending champion Vijay Singh of Fiji has mounted a charge. Despite a bogie on the 18th hole, Singh posted a solid 67 and has moved to within four shots of the lead. With a morning thunderstorm having wiped out three hours of play, it’s unlikely that Round Two will be completed by sunset, but Vaughn Taylor doesn’t seem to mind — he leads by one at the John Deere Classic.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards