Big-time actor/filmmakers like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck had to start someplace — with ideas, drive and smarts. Hopeful Iowa filmmakers have about six weeks to meet the deadline for submissions to the Wild Rose Independent Film Festival. Fest director Kimberly Busbee , of Des Moines, says they’re accepting all sorts of films, including features, shorts, documentaries, animation, comedy, drama, even music videos. Busbee says they’re accepting works from all over the world but they like to feature the work of Iowans since the annual festival is held in Des Moines. She says the deadline to enter is August 23rd. The festival takes its name from the wild rose, the official flower of the state of Iowa. Busbee says “The wild rose is a thing of beauty growing out there in out-of-the-way places. That’s the kind of cinema that excites us. Our mission is to be a celebration of the vast, diverse, bizarre, hilarious, beautiful moviemaking art being created outside the mainstream.” She says students are especially welcome to take part in the festival. The festival will be held September 29th through October 2nd in Des Moines, but again, deadline for entries is August 23rd. For more information, contact Busbee at: (515) 707-1533 or via email at: [email protected].
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal