A 33-year-old Australian golfer won the John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities this weekend. It is Mark Hensby’s first victory on the P-G-A tour. The John Deere Classic is played at T-P-C Deere Run on the Illinois side of the Quad Cities. Hensby says he watched the way golf was played in the U.S., and decided to play as an amateur in the U.S. He says he had the dream to play and says most guys turn pro in Australia and then come to the U.S., but he did it backwards. Hensby shot 66 in the final round and won a sudden-death playoff with a par on the second hole. John Morgan, a British golfer, wound up losing that playoff and finishing second.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk