A preliminary identification has been made on the human remains found just northeast of Mason City Wednesday afternoon. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says the remains are those of James Maurice Perkins. Perkins was involved in an assault case back on May 15, 1995. On that date, Cerro Gordo County Deputies were dispatched to an assault at 18323 280th Street, the same rural address as where the remains were discovered Wednesday. Perkins ran from deputies into a swampy area and they never found him, despite an extensive search. State Medical Examiner Dr. Julia Goodin conducted the autopsy on the remains yesterday. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s office says they’re getting dental records as a final confirmation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk