Des Moines police are trying to find four suspects who set a man on fire. 35-year-old Epifino Lopez awoke about 4:15 Tuesday morning and thought he heard someone outside his apartment. When he went out to check, Lopez says four men with knives attacked him. One doused him with gasoline, another threw a lit lighter at him and his clothes burst into flame. He ran back to his apartment and extinguished the fire. Lopez says the suspects fled in a red Cadillac with no license plates. No arrests have been made. Lopez has first- and second-degree burns over about ten-percent of his body. Police say he claims the incident may be due to his filing a court case against men who vandalized his car.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response