Governor Tom Vilsack says he’s making a “final offer” to Republican legislators this afternoon. Vilsack and lawmakers have been struggling to find a compromise that would resurrect the “Iowa Values” fund that’s Vilsack’s priority along with tax cuts and regulatory reforms that’re a priority for republicans.Vilsack says it’ll be his “final and best offer” and will include a concession from him that would change the rules for lawsuits and benefit businesses. Vilsack says he’d accept 80 million dollars of one-time tax breaks for businesses that buy equipment, too.Vilsack says his offer is “the prudent approach” and at some point republican legislators — in his words “have to be reasonable.” Republican legislative leaders will talk with reporters following their phone-call meeting with Vilsack.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa