The second annual Water’s Edge Art and Music Festival will get underway at one o’clock this afternoon at Smith Lake, just north of Algona. Naturalist Scott Moeller of the Kossuth County Conservation Board says the focus will be on music, the arts and the outdoors. He says a number of local music artists will perform, and there will be arts activities for all ages including a mass release of butterflies. Admission is two-dollars with proceeds going toward the building of a nature center at Smith Lake.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal