Three people died in three separate accidents in eastern Iowa this weekend. Roger King reports.A rural Durango man died in a tractor accident in Dubuque County. 37-year-old Steven Callahan was driving a utility tractor on his property Saturday when the tractor rolled on its side and pinned Callahan between the tractor and a tree. Callahan was pronounced dead at the scene. A motorcycle accident in Dubuque County took the life of a Center Junction man Saturday night on Highway 151 north of Cascade. A cycle driven by 54-year-old Edward Thompson went onto the inside shoulder of the road out of control and then entered the median and flipped several times. Thompson was taken to a Dubuque hospital where he died of his injuries. A female pedestrian was killed in Cedar Rapids and another was treated and released. The female’s name has not been released. The driver of the car was seriously injured.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa