A Grinnell High School junior-to-be made an impressive showing at the U-S-G-A Junior Girls Championship in Texas. Jenny Arsenault finished the competition in fifth place out of 150 competitors.Arsenault fired a four under 67 to open the tournament and had the first day lead, and says she’s happy the way she played and doesn’t think she could’ve done any better.It was her first taste of national competition, and she says she was nervous at the start. She says it was exciting to see her name on the leaderboard the first few days. She says this is the biggest tournament she’s ever been in and it was good to see some of the top players and how they played and practiced.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature