More information has been released about a two-vehicle collision near Ireton that claimed the life of a child Tuesday afternoon. The victim was six-year old Michayla Bates. She was a passenger in a car driven by 17-year old Paula Smykel of Akron. Sioux County authorities say Smykel made a u-turn into the path of a sport utility vehicle driven by 23-year old Eric Doyle of rural Ireton. The accident happened at the intersection of Sioux County road K-22 and 460th Street. Smykle was airlifted to St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center where she is in fair condition. Doyle was treated and released at the Hawarden Hospital. Four other passengers were taken to the Hawarden hospital, but authorities did not have information about their injuries.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards