Oil prices have hit an all-time high and Dawn Duffy of Triple-A’s Iowa/Minnesota office says that will likely translate into higher prices at the gas pump. She says we still have a whole month left of our high summertime drive time and this definitely is going to affect prices at least in the next month. Duffy says there are a number of factors at work.What is happening in Russia with their oil production, what is happening in Norway with the possible strike of their oil workers, the pending recall of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, and also things that are happening here in this country with the increased use, the increased demand that we have. Gas prices in Iowa in the last Triple-A survey averages one-dollar and 82-cents a gallon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa