Grinnell High School junior Jenny Arsenault shot a final round four under par 64 Thursday to win the Iowa Womans’ Amatuer Championship by seven strokes at the Elwood Country Club in Marshalltown. The 16-year-old Arsenault was five strokes back after shooting a 74 the first day, shot a 66 on Wednesday to take a one stroke lead and went on to win.She says she didn’t strike the ball solidly the first day and went out and hit the ball better and hit some putts after that first day. Arsenault says it was good to know she could adjust her play.She says she’s excited to know she could come back and play well after a slow start. She says she’s excited now because she has a break. Iowa State golfer Christi Athes of Eldora New Providence finished second in the tournament.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk