At the state high school baseball tournament unranked and eighth seeded South O’Brien is a victory away from a state championship. Kyle Lang scored on an infield ground out in the bottom of the sixth as the Wolverines edged Fort Dodge St. Edmond 3-2 in a class 2A semifinal in Marshalltown. Skyler Roder was dominant on the mound for South O’Brien. He went the distance and yielded only three hits. The game continued a string of one run victories for the Wolverines. One of Roder’s few mistakes was was a throwing error in the top of the sixth that allowed the Gaels Ryan Garrett to score the tying run.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa