More northeastern Iowa soldiers are being called to active duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The latest call-up involves nearly 80 soldiers from the 445th Transportation Company, based in Waterloo. A send-off ceremony will be held Saturday at 10 a-m in Cedar Falls. The 445th is a medium truck company trained and equipped to haul a variety of cargo, including food and ammunition. More than 50 Army Reservists from the same group were mobilized last month, and are now completing pre-deployment training at Fort Riley, Kansas.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G