A man accused of impersonated a police officer has been arrested in Storm Lake. Police say a man showed up early Tuesday morning at two Storm Lake homes, saying he was an officer and showing a badge. At one home he allegedly stole over seven-hundred dollars and fled. At the other, police say he assaulted the two residents of the mobile home. The victims of both incidents had bruises and cuts, but did not seek medical treatment. Police say the suspect is 24-year-old Aniel Garza of Storm Lake. He was charged with first- and second-degree burglary and two counts of impersonating a police official.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal