A New York ice cream maker is suing an Iowa company and Weight Watchers over a licensing agreement. Weight Watchers reached an agreement with Wells Dairy in Le Mars that gives the Iowa-based dairy exclusive rights to market and distribute Weight Watchers frozen treats beginning October first. Coolbrands International has filed a lawsuit in New York Supreme Court claiming the it has an exclusive agreement with Weight Watchers and no new agreements can be made until that deal expires next month. Coolbrands also claims their agreement with Weight Watchers gives them a non-exclusive right to use the trademark until September of next year. The lawsuit asks for 360-million dollars in damages from Weight Watchers and Wells Dairy.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G