Iowa’s Governor says he met New Jersey’s outgoing Governor at twice-yearly meetings, and Governor Tom Vilsack says his heart goes out to everyone involved, including the citizens of New Jersey. Garden State Governor Jim McGreevey, who is married and has two kids, announced yesterday that he’s gay and had an affair with a man. Vilsack says his “heart goes out to a friend who for whatever reason is struggling and has personal issues.” Vilsack says he felt the same way when Connecticut’s Governor resigned recently after a bribery scandal. Vilsack says “anytime a governor is impacted negatively by press or by publicity or by a personal situation or mistakes in judgment or whatever it might be, you feel for ’em.” Vilsack, who vacations in New Jersey with his family, helped McGreevey campaign for governor three years ago.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk