Collectors of John Deere tractors are in the Quad Cities today (Saturday) for an auction of the green machines. Brian Holst of the John Deere Collectors Center says the memorabilia auction was Friday, and the big machines go on sale today. He says they have around 50 to 60 tractors for sale, and after that there’ll be an implement and parts auction. Holst says collectors who’re looking to fix up their tractors will be interested in the parts auction.He says some of the tractors will bring in thousands of dollars as they have a couple of “G-P” tractors, which are the oldest, and should bring in $4000 to $5000 each. He says they also have an experimental 820 that should bring pretty good money, and a unique model 40 tractor.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk