Governor Tom Vilsack, a democrat who’s campaigned extensively for presidential candidate John Kerry, suggests independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader is simply running on ego. Nader’s backers presented over three-thousand petition signatures to state officials this week, twice as many as needed to put Nader’s name on the Iowa ballot. Vilsack says it’s a free country and everybody who follows the rules and gets their name on the ballot should be able to do so, but Vilsack says he hopes Iowans understand Nader is somebody “who’s driven by ego.” Vilsack accuses Nader of seeking the role of “spoiler” in the Bush/Kerry race. Many democrats blame Nader for stealing votes from Al Gore in 2000.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk